University of Minnesota
University Relations
http://www.umn.edu/urelate
612-624-6868

Results for: sherlock holmes
248 items found in 6 ms.
Christmas Card
Christmas card, Merry Christmas 1929

Bookplate
Bookplate by Frederic Dorr Steele, Jackie & Edward's Library, Monhegan -- Maine

Christmas Card
Christmas card, Merry Christmas 1929

Dinner Program, Nutley Handicap Tournament
Illustration, 8th annual Nutley Handicap Tournament Dinner 1916 Nutley Field Club Wednesday Nov 29

Christmas Card
Sketch for Christmas card, 1938

The Players Club
Cover illustration for The Players, with caption A five minute sketch of Miss Peggy Wood as Lady Percy

The Players Club
Cover illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption The Seventy-Niners

Christmas Card
Christmas note with sketch of Santa Claus and Frederic Dorr Steele

The Players Club
Back cover illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption Believe It or Not

The Players Club
Cover illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption On His Way

Christmas Card
Christmas card, We wish you a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, December 25 1908

Christmas Card
Christmas sketch of Santa Claus, with caption Gosh, how I hate Christmas! Nevertheless

Christmas Card
Sketch for Christmas card, Merry Christmas 1919 from F. P. A. B. and Z. Steele

The Players Club
Illustration for The Players Bulletin

The Players Club
Illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption Walter Hampden and Katharine Cornell in "Cyrano of Wimpole Street"

The Players Club
Illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption Helen Hayes and Walter Huston in "Mary of Dodsworth"

The Players Club
Illustration for The Players, with caption No stauncher cheese-hound can be found in all New York

The Prexy
Illustration, This is the Prexy. We all know him well. His favorite oath is -- (I don't like to tell)

Ed Sargent
Illustration, This is Ed. Sargent, pale and wan, a-learning how from brother John

J. B.
Illustration, J.B. is such a brutal person he's rather hard to write a verse on.

Emil, Noble Teuton
Illustration, And this is Emil, noble Teuton. He has a handsome winter suit on

Little Billy B.
Illustration, This is little Billy B. as fine a sport as one may see

Begins with G
Illustration, This golfer's name begins with G. That's all you'll ever drag from me

Seymour's Golfing Pants
Illustration, These are Seymour's golfing pants. They give him quite a graceful stance

Tony
Illustration, But both men couldn't lose the cup so Tony had to win -- one up!

Johnny
Illustration, Tony & Johnny were 2 pretty men they played & played till the clock struck 10

Charles Augustus Milverton
Sketch for part of header in what was eventually published in Collier's, page 11, December 5, 1903. Penciled notes read "(Milderton...

The Hound of the Baskervilles
Drawing. According to Andrew Malec this drawing was meant to represent the bound "Mrs. Stapleton" in The Hound of the...

Christmas Card
Christmas card, Our little house on Christmas Eve -- It's snug and warm and close to shore. We're in it now in make-believe...

Christmas Card

The Players Club
Cover illustration for The Players, with caption Rose: "Back to The Wells!" "Trelawney of the Wells"--Act II

The Players Club
Illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption Mr Caspar Milquetoast calls at the Club to tell Mr. Webster what he thinks of...

The Players Club
Middle spread illustration for The Players Bulletin, with caption Some Golfers I Have Met: Pictures and Insults by Frederic Dorr...

Mr. Benny Hurd
Illustration, This is Mr. Benny Hurd. I shall not say a single word about the kind of golf he plays. I come to bury, not to praise

Alec, Canny Scot
Illustration, Some guy is Alec, canny Scot. How carefully he plays his shot! He got this whole blamed show up for us. "Some...

Diebitsch, Tall and Grand
Illustration, This is Diebitsch, tall and grand his trusty putter in his hand. Perhaps you think he's at the pole but he has...

Mr. Stevie Dorr
Illustration, This is Mr. Stevie Dorr who learned his golf before the war. He swings to hard he leaves the ground and often turns...

Mr. Jimmy Bolger
Illustration, This is Mr. Jimmy Bolger in khaki like a valiant soldier I like to play with Jimmy B. and Jimmy likes to play with...

Mr. Sumner White
Illustration, This is Mr. Sumner White. We often see this awful sight upon a peaceful Sabbath day when others go to church and pray....

The Guy That Scooped the Pot
Illustration, This is the guy that scooped the pot. I envy him an awful lot. He had 12 strokes. Mon Doo! Mon Doo! I think it was...

Marc Michael the Terrible Celt
Illustration, This is Marc Michael the terrible Celt addressing his ball for a horrible welt. He burns the whiskers off the tee--I'm...

Mr. Sterling Hayward
Illustration, This is Mr. Sterling Hayward. He drives that big gray murder car. His form is just a trifle wayward but still he gets...

H. Libby (of Libby & Lamb)
Illustration, This is H. Libby (of Libby & Lamb) I'm stuck on H. Libby yes, honest, I am

Little Freddy Steele
Illustration, This is little Freddy Steele who knows just how you fellow feel to find your form so awful sad. Believe me, his is...

Christmas Card
Christmas card, A Happy Family here you see. A-gathered 'round a Christmas tree. If you are wise & good & true Perhaps...

Christmas Card

Our Edwords, a Regular Guy
Illustration, This is our Edwords, a regular guy. He thinks he's no golfer. (and neither do I) the tears in his eyes interfere...

Al Leaman the King of the Glooms
Illustration, This is Al Leaman the king of the glooms. His favorite sport is examining tombs. He gives up the game fully 3 times...