- Not all, or even most, of a soldier's time is spent at the front or in the trenches. A certain percentage of a specified time, as three days or a week or whatever the period may be, finds each division en repose, as the French say. Then the Army YMCA...
- Kitchen of the Y hut in Minsk, Russia, where the YMCA secretary L. L. Dunnington and his corps of workers at their meal one day, prepared by their Polish cook.
- Where loyal Buddhists store up credits against their days of need.
- Lone cow at end of day. Apple blossoms and spring pasture. Southeast Minnesota.
- Memorial Day. Littlefork, Minnesota.
Shanghai picnickers in the doorway of the temple where they spent the day.