- The safe way - scalding the outside of melons, cutting them with a knife scalded in hot water, and keeping the melon screened.
- Unclean methods of preparing and serving food. Above the dishes hover six 2-inch models of flies.
- Cut drop with water, clouds, rocky shore and trees.
- Lower right: The danger of unclean water; Upper left: The safety of tap water.
- The way practically all timber in China is sawed. Our saws force the dust out at the bottom, this one pulls it to the top.
The wrong way to prepare melons: using unclean water, unclean knife, and exposing cut melons to flies, dust, and handling by pro